ESSENCE STREET STYLE BLOCK PARTYSeptember 2016 | NYC
Develop and execute an integrated promotional plan to help ESSENCE Magazine kick off New York Fashion Week and celebrate their 3rd annual ESSENCE Street Style Block Party. In order to build on the success of the previous year, ESSENCE needed to drive over 7,000 attendees, provide more family-friendly activities and build upon their relationship with the DUMBO Improvement District to support the local businesses impacted by the event. However, with the venue at capacity, we needed to expand the experience beyond the main event footprint.
- Leveraged ESSENCE’s owned assets (print, digital, social), promo partners and high impact creative on social media to drive over 10,000 attendees
- Enhanced the consumer experience by creating the DUMBO Neighborhood Street Style Pop-Up Events that included live music, trunk shows, style tips and a special kids art adventure
- 70% increase in attendance
- 60M+ promotional partnership impressions garnered by curating and negotiating strategic partnerships with Power 105.1, our style squad influencers Heygorjess, Divas and Dorks and LaTonya Yvette, The DUMBO Improvement District and influencer communities such as Brooklyn Social, Soul Society and Mile High Club Events
- Increased participating DUMBO local business pop-up event partners from 5 in 2015 to 9 in 2016