THE MOM PROJECT LAUNCHApril 2016 | Chicago
Create and execute a PR strategy announcing the launch of The Mom Project to generate awareness around their core value proposition and services, drive online traffic to the website and ultimately, cause an increase in sign-ups by corporate HR professionals, companies and moms.
Studio B is passionate about supporting entrepreneurs and other women and minority-owned businesses, so we were thrilled when The Mom Project engaged us to launch their new startup in Chicago. The Mom Project is a digital talent marketplace and community that connects the large, often underutilized pool of educated and professionally accomplished mothers with project-based opportunities at world-class companies.
The Mom Project launched on April 6, 2016. Through press release distribution and targeted media outreach, we successfully secured one of the most prestigious placements in Chicago media: the Chicago Tribune. The story appeared on the front page of the business section in the Chicago Tribune, in print and online. Our organic efforts also resulted in another big PR win, securing an in-studio interview for The Mom Project’s Founder and CEO with Steve Bertrand on WGN Radio. Our team also provided consulting services, including launch strategy, key message development and media training which allowed for a consistent message to come through in all media hits and ample preparation for media inquiries.
- 500+% lift in sales
- 97.5M+ earned media impressions (online, print, broadcast)
- 567% increase in customer sign-up and a 1500% increase in talent sign-up
- The Chicago Tribune story helped garner incremental coverage on FastCompany.com, 6ABC.com, Yahoo Finance, and multiple popular mommy blogs such as Mom.Me.
- 1,134% increase in unique views and 1,381% increase in page views to themomproject.com
- 318% increase in Facebook followers
- 1188% increase in Twitter followers
- 2482% increase in LinkedIn followers