P&G MY BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL
BLACK WOMEN’S EXPO ATL
October 2016 | Atlanta
For My Black Is Beautiful’s inaugural year as the title sponsor of The Black Women’s Expo in Atlanta, our challenge was to design and execute a consumer engagement experience that amplified MBIB’s #BeautyEmpowered campaign. It was important to ensure the experience at the event also reached the broader MBIB community to showcase how the scale of P&G’s brands could uniquely deliver solutions that meet African American women’s specific hair and skincare needs.
A content-driven experience and partnership with one of the largest and most popular digital communities for black hair and inspiration, Atlanta-based lifestyle platform, The Cut Life. We leveraged The Cut Life to help turn our consumers into our storytellers by putting them at the heart of the experience.
The Cut Life CEO/Co-Founder served as our #BeautyEmpowered style expert and host and three local salon owners served as our #BeautyEmpowered influencer stylists and co-hosts. The activation included live social coverage, Facebook live moments, Instagram stories and Snapchat segments and MBIB inspired how-to style and video tutorials on YouTube.
- 2.5M+ social media impressions generated
- Positioned MBIB as a credible source for AAW beauty and lifestyle
- Active engagement that showed excitement around purchase intent
- The first-ever MBIB Facebook live leveraged one of our influencer stylists to help generate over 50,000 reached, 8,000 video views and 400+ engagements
- Highly interactive and engaging social media performance with The Cut Life:
- 51,250 views and 3,344 likes per post (Instagram)
- 1,842 likes per post (Instagram)
- 20,000 story views per post (Instagram)
- 2,138 views per post (Snapchat)
- 9,500+ total video views (YouTube)