CHANGING THE NARRATIVE:
BLACK MEN & SELF CARE
July 2019 | New Orleans
Bevel stands for more than signature fades and blades. Bring the brand values to life through engaging, celebratory and authentic experiences.
Shaving is a rite of passage, steeped in tradition and personal connections for culturally connected Black men who are proud to be Black.
Brought Bevel’s brand equity and product innovation to life with Bevel Sessions inside the Bevel Barbershop. A series of programming featured a panel of leaders, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and influencers to discuss entrepreneurship, recidivism, mental health, and self care.
- 20% YOY increase in sales in Essence timeframe
- Over 26 million program impressions
- Getbevel.com saw an increase in total traffic over the Essence Festival weekend
- Over 40K Instagram impressions and consumer actions with the brand
- Content captured from the event was also carried over to brand, celebrity, and influencer social channels, increasing views, followers, mentions, shares, and comments, driving exceptional consumer engagement validating Bevel as a trusted brand invested in the Black community it seeks to serve
- Bevel was seen as an inspirational and welcoming brand committed to driving economic and positive change